The assignment requires an analytical discussion rather than adescriptive explanation.Citations: APA styleRequirement: You MUST incorporate at least 3 academic papers and other sources such asbooks, newspaper articles, blog posts, among others.The Outline (The format below is suggestive. You can vary it as you like): Introduction1. Orientate the reader2. Identify the focus/purpose3. Outline the scope4. State the questions or issues observed Body1. Supporting details2. Analysis3. Evidence4. Concluding sentence Conclusion1. Summarize key points2. Overall concluding statement
– Use only excerpt pages 79-85 for essay. (not the whole book)– needs a works cited page.– needs to compose of the following information (authors style, such as syntax, diction, tone, figurative language, imagery, authors purpose, narrative sentences, narrative viewpoint/voice, feelings and attitude of speaker)
Review each of the following quotations. For each quote, choose one foundational thinker we have read, whose theory you think speaks best to the themes raised by the quotation, and discuss why in 2-3 paragraphs. Students should consider a different foundational thinker for each quotation.:
Thinkers: Socrates, Aristotle, Machiavelli, Hobbes, Locke, Rousseau, Tocqueville
Be sure to:(a) identify the thinker(b) identify their texts(c) clearly explain how their theories relate to the particular quotation(d) discuss the insights you think they provide on the themes raised in the quotation.
1. Great men, great nations, have not been boasters and buffoons, but perceivers of the terror of life, and have manned themselves to face it. Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live. Dorothy Thompson
3. “A mature society understands that at the heart of democracy is argument. Salman Rushdie
4. Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace. Benito Juarez
5. They ordered my arrest. And let me tell you something: I am going to obey this order of theirs..if I didnt believe in justice I wouldnt have founded a political party. I would have proposed a revolution. But I believe in justice. A fair justice system where verdicts are based on the evidence presented. Lula Da Silva
Cisco Systems, the self-proclaimed “worldwide leader in networking for the Internet,” has dominated similar firms in its industry. As Wall-Streets’ beloved stock and an essential stock in any investor’s portfolio, with over 35,566 employees worldwide and boasting revenues totaling 22.2 billion in the previous fiscal year the company aims to ensure that networks both public and private operate with maximum performance, security, and flexibility.
1) summarize the important points of this article. If you had to explain this article in one minute to someone, what would you say?
2) Find a more recent primary literature article on this fungus OR written by the author of this study, Anita Sil. For this assignment you will simply give the citation for the article, in the following format
Authors, year published. Title. Name of journal Volume:page numbers.
Here is a correctly formatted example.
Zhao Y, Christensen SK, Fankhauser C, Cashman JR, Cohen JD, Weigel D, Chory J. 2001. A role for flavin monooxygenase-like enzymes in auxin biosynthesis. Science 291:306309.
Write a program that simulates a lottery.
The program shall have an array of five integers named lottery and should generate a random number in the range of 0 through 9 for each element in the array. The user shall enter five digits, which are stored in an integer array named user. The program is to compare the corresponding elements in the two arrays and keep a count of the digits that match. For example, the following shows the lottery array and the user array with sample numbers stored in each. There are two matching digits (elements 2 and 4). lottery array: 7 4 9 1 3 user array: 4 2 9 7 3 The program shall display the random numbers stored in the lottery array and the number of matching digits. If all of the digits match, display a message proclaiming the user as a grand prize winner.
For this assignment, your goal is to share your position and “join the conversation” on the topic you have been researching all quarter by preparing your writing for print or online publication. Readers of commentaries want to grasp the issue you are presenting and understand your angle right away. You must make your point quickly and memorably, with an ultimate goal of convincing readers to agree with you, act in some way, and/or change their mindsChoose a publication to which you will write your commentary from the specified list of options: Teen VogueDetermine the style, tone, level of formality, etc. that is typical for that publication.Analyze the target audience for the publication, and consider how their needs dictate the writing choices you will make.Write a Commentary Article between 700 – 1000 words using the same topic you’ve been researching all quarter
1. After reading this assignment, prepare a 3 page paper discussing the extent to which you agree that being prepared to interact empathically and congenially and to apply the concept of mutuality with those at the negotiating table is key to preparing for success in any negotiations.
Explain your reasoning, give some examples, and offer theoretical support from your readings. Draw on the background readings
2. Assignment Requirements: Does the paper directly address all aspects of the assignment? Have the assignment instructions been followed closely?
3. Critical Thinking: Does the paper demonstrate a college level of analysis, in which information derived from multiple sources has been critically evaluated and synthesized in the formulation of a logical set of conclusions? Does the submission demonstrate that the student has read and understood the background materials for the module and can apply them to the assignment?
4. Writing and Assignment Organization: Is the essay logical, well organized, and well written? Are the grammar, spelling, and vocabulary appropriate for college-level work? Are section headings included? Are paraphrasing and synthesis of concepts the primary means of responding, or is justification/support instead conveyed through excessive use of direct quotations?
5. Use of Sources and Mechanics: Does the submission demonstrate that the student has read and understood the background materials for the module and can apply them to the assignment? If required, has the student demonstrated effective research, as evidenced by students use of relevant and quality sources? Does the student demonstrate understanding of a consistent (e.g., APA) style of referencing, by inclusion of proper citations (for paraphrased text and direct quotations) as appropriate? Are appropriate sources from the background material included? Have all sources cited in the paper been included on the reference list page?
part 1:Explain the difference between “only daughter” and “only a daughter” in this essay. Is there anything here that resonates with your experience either as a daughter, or as the brother of an only daughter in the family? If you’re a man, and have no sisters, how would this essay speak to you? Does it still carry some sort of echo for you? What kind of feeling does that evoke?How does being “an only daughter in a family of six sons” end up creating a sense of loneliness and aloneness in Sandra Cisneros? What positive things came as a result of that loneliness?What expectations did her father have for her, and how did she thwart those expectations?When writers use specific sensory and descriptive words and phrases (conveying sensations of sight, sound, touch, taste and smell through their words), it’s known as imagery. What vivid sensory images does she use to allow us to picture the fathers room in our minds. Why does she use these specific details to describe her father’s condition to the reader?Comment on Sandra Cisneros’ last sentence in her essay.part 2:A short personal narrative account in which you describe a childhood experience – positive, or negative. Try to use vivid verbs and adjectives to create a sense of setting for the readers. Use dialogue in a couple of places, and emotion wherever necessary. Specific details about the experience, including people, songs, tastes, smells, etc. will help us imagine the scene.
Starbucks case study is attached that has to be reviewed in order to answer. Use examples from the case to answer the following questions.
Two Part Question:
Part 1:From your reading of the Starbucks case , identify 3 customer needs that you believe Starbucks is satisfying and explain how they satisfy them.
Part 2: Next identify 3 Customer wants that Starbucks has identified and how are they proceeding to satisfy them.